I have seen so many people making whipped coffee that I had to jump on the bandwagon! It was disgusting! I dumped it out after two sips and started over making it to my own liking. And after 5 attempts, I perfected it!
So if you’re like me and you want to take part in this coffee phenomenon, but you thought it was gross when you tried it, give my recipe a go!
1 tbsp instant coffee powder (any kind will do, but certain brands are more bitter than others)
2 tbsp pure maple syrup
4 tbsp (1/4 cup) hot water
3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1/4 cup nondairy half and half (my fave is Califia Farms coconut and almond half n half)
1 cup ice
- Using hand or stand mixer with a whisk attachment, mix instant coffee powder, maple syrup, and hot water until it forms a light tan firm foam
- Add ice, almond milk, and half and half to a tall glass
- Spoon whipped coffee into glass over milk mixture
- You can serve the whipped coffee over hot milk for a hot latte.
- Feel free to use milk of your choice. Adding the half and half to the almond milk makes it creamier but you can omit that step if using 2% or whole milk.
- Top with a dollop of whipped cream for added creaminess.
- Make sure water is hot or boiling so it whips better.
- You can whisk by hand if you don’t have a hand mixer or stand mixer, but be prepared for it to take a while.
- I stir the coffee and milk together before I drink it but you don’t have to!
As always, tag me on Instagram @jessssssleigh if you make this recipe!