- 1 package gluten free yellow cake mix (Pamela’s and King Arthur are my tried and trues!)
- 1/2 cup mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 small tub Cool Whip
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Eggs, canola oil, and water—based on cake mix directions
- Preheat oven as directed on cake mix package.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions.
- Stir in mandarin oranges and vanilla extract.
- Fill cupcake tins 2/3 full.
- Bake according to package directions.
- Prepare “icing:” combine tub of Cool Whip with crushed pineapple and stir.
- Allow cupcakes to cool completely.
- Keep icing in fridge until ready to use.
- Stir leftovers in fridge for up to 3 days.
- Add 1 packet instant vanilla pudding mix to Cool Whip and pineapple mixture.
- Add coconut flakes to icing mixture.
Macros: Calories 186, Carbs 24.5g, Fat 8.4g, Protein 1.6g