Home Chef is awesome! I saw bloggers posting about it often, perused the website, accidentally placed an order, and was pleasantly surprised! The service is great and everything is customizable. They have great gluten free and low carb options, and allergens are listed for each meal. To sum it up, they can accommodate even the pickiest family members!
The four meals I received were fresh and delicious. They were gluten free, and fit my macros well too! While it’s not a service I will utilize every week because I love experimenting in the kitchen, it is a good tool to have at your disposable. I have since recreated my favorite dishes, including this quick and simple veggie side dish of roasted Brussels sprouts and carrots. I never would have thought to pair the two together, especially since I’m not a big fan of cooked carrots, but the flavors together were incredible!
Roasted Carrots & Brussels Sprouts
- 1/2 pound Brussels sprouts
- 2 Carrots
- Spray cooking oil avocado or extra virgin olive
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Prepare baking sheet by lining with foil and spraying with cooking oil
- Wash Brussels sprouts and cut in half lengthwise
- Wash and peel carrots, slice into 1/4 inch thick medallions
- Line carrots and Brussels sprouts on baking sheet
- Spray generously with cooking oil and season with salt and pepper
- Bake at 450 degrees for 15-20 minutes, until soft and edges begin to turn brown
- Serve with your favorite protein